23.2.11

#32 - Scars

I like:
Babybel.

I dislike:
Insurance adverts.

I have several awesome scars that make me look like a ruffian with a rich story to tell, but alas they have faded and are only visible under certain lights.

Once I walked into a fence when I was playing football (...Yeah, well, I'm not very good at it. They tell you to keep your eyes on the ball but also to look up, so I did both - which evidently confused me greatly - and hence I ended up crashing into a fence) and there was a sticky-outy kind of thing that scarred the corner of my eyebrow and just missed my eye, much like Scar from The Lion King.
I had a scab there for about a week and to add to that I had burst a massive zit near my nose that bled really badly. When people asked me what had happened to me, I told them that I fought off three massive thugs who were mugging an old lady and I landed them all in hospital (except for the imaginary old lady), while I came away with just a couple of scratches.
Needless to say, no one bought it, but it was much more impressive than the truth.

I have another scar on my hand from when I got it caught in barbed wire. That was the truth, only I joke and say, 'Yeah, I got that when I was escaping prison/the mental asylum/[insert dangerous place here]', but in reality, I got it when I wasn't paying attention on D of E while walking through a sheep pen or something. Actually, it was a matter of concern, because my teachers and parents thought I might die of tetanus or something, but it's all good, because I'm still alive. Or am I?


An innocent sheep.

Anyway, there seems to be a recurring theme here, in which I just... don't pay attention to my surroundings.

So that leaves me with... Ali's lesson of the day (alternatively, Ali's tip on becoming a ninja):
Be aware of your surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or don't. Whatever.